Whatever the reason (and during 2020, there have been lots), it’s a good time to escape. According to a recent survey by SatelliteInternet.com and reported by PC Mag, 41% of Americans opted for road trip travel, camping trips or RV excursions this summer. Of those surveyed, 59% said they would be doing work remotely while traveling. In July, RVIA (RV Industry Association) recorded its highest monthly total of RV sales in 40 years.
RV travel is booming, as people have recognized that it is the perfect way to get outdoors and explore new destinations, all while maintaining a safe social distance and continuing to telecommute. And now, with most schools offering a virtual option, it’s like summer doesn’t have to end. (It’s even a trending hashtag, #roadschooling). You may be thinking, “if you can work from anywhere and do school from anywhere, where should you go?” Or maybe, you’re one of the new RV owners looking for your perfect first escape.
Here are five quick tips we compiled to help you make your choice:
- Find a resort located near RV repair services. You never know when things might not go as planned and you need a quick fix or part replaced.
- Look for easy parking options. Does the resort offer pull-through spaces that make it easy to get in and out?
- Make sure the resort offers amenities for the whole family to feel comfortable on their first trip. The kids may need to run around outside or climb a playground structure to get rid of that extra energy.
- Check Google Maps. The resort needs to be centrally located and easy driving distance to day adventures. You’ll want to be able to explore during any free time you may have.
- Read reviews. It may seem like an obvious, but the best RV resorts will have accolades and a community of loyalists.
Verde Ranch RV Resort is the perfect place to test out your new rig. Voted No. 1 RV Resort in Arizona by Outdoorsy, we are known for providing a destination that gives all-ages access to casual luxury. With free WIFI, the resort gives RV travelers the space they need for adventure and the amenities they need to continue doing life. Guests can take a break from distance learning or remote work and relax in the pool and hot tub, all while staying in a safe, outdoor environment.
The amenities like the pickleball courts, pet park and playground (plus the necessities like a laundry room and resort store) make Verde Ranch RV Resort the perfect basecamp. RV travel is a hot topic right now. Join the movement and visit us today.