Arizona’s perpetual sunshine matched with the breathtaking natural wonders makes it the ideal state to explore, even when you’re already a resident. It’s no secret that the state serves as the home to red-rock buttes, crystal blue lakes and national monuments that people across the world flock to see.
With COVID-19 restrictions back in place, we’re offering Arizona residents an opportunity to escape and explore their own backyard. It’s time to take a road trip.
When Arizona residents book their next stay at Verde Ranch RV Resort, they will receive 25% off for up to six days. Whether you bring your own RV or haul a rental rig, our resort is the perfect basecamp to explore the natural wonders of Arizona.
Not sure what to explore? Have questions on what is still open? Here are a couple of adventures to embark on. (As always, check attraction websites for any COVID-19 restrictions before visiting.
- Explore Sedona’s Famous Red Rocks – Visit the red-rock buttes, steep canyons and pine forests in Sedona. The city known for its breathtaking views is only a 40-minute drive from the resort. Guests have the chance to dine in award-winning restaurants that are paired with views of the red rocks or can even explore the land by foot by hiking one of the hundreds of trails that take visitors through the deepest of canyons and highest of peaks.
- Stargaze in Camp Verde – At Verde Ranch RV Resort, every night calls for a night under the stars. Camp Verde is a designated International Dark Sky Community which means every night guests get a clear view of the stars right at their RV site or Cottage.
- Explore Camp Verde by Trail – There’s no better way to explore Camp Verde than on foot. Whether guests are experienced hikers looking for a steep climb or want to embark on a leisurely stroll with the family, there’s a trail for a variety of levels. Each one offers great views of Camp Verde’s landscape and even gives guests a unique opportunity to come face to face with unique wildlife.
- Embark on a wildlife scenic drive – Pack the car with the essential road trips snack because this adventure gives guests the opportunity to explore some of the state’s greatest natural wonders from the comfort of their own car. The Apache Trail Scenic Drive brings guests up close to jaw-dropping canyons, cliff dwellings and sparkling blue lakes. This adventure makes the perfect day trip, as it’s only a two-and-a-half-hour drive from the resort.
- Visit the Grand Canyon – Visiting the Grand Canyon offers abundant opportunities to get out in fresh air and snap some awesome Facebook-ready photos. The Grand Canyon recently reopened to accommodate guests who want to go hiking, horseback riding, rafting or swimming. This day trip option is a great way to check something off the bucket list and is a two-hour drive from the resort.
There’s never a shortage of activities in Verde Valley.